Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snapshot Sunday

I didn't have much blogging time this week so I have a bunch of backlogged photos that I never got the chance to post. Travel back in time with me...

This first one is a shot of the thermometer on our pool deck during the rare cold snap we had last week. In case you can't see, it's pointing to a mere 40 degrees.


Of course, it pales in comparison to this shot sent to me by my Dad from the previous weekend. No, you're eyes aren't deceiving you - that's a -30 degrees (without wind chill). I think I'll look at this photo whenever I start wishing I was living back in MN!



As promised, these are some of the photos from our girl's trip to Orlando last weekend:
Me and Mom


Carol and her Mom


Unfortunately, I don't have a group photo of Stacy, her Mom, and her daughter.
I do have the requisite Disney shot that includes Stacy and Emma though. Note Emma's mouse ears. They are pink fur! You can custom design your ears these days - no boring black felt anymore!


You'll have to travel way back for this one. It's actually from Christmas 2007. It had been trapped on my Mom's digital camera for over a year. She lost her USB cord and only recently found it (in her luggage when she was packing for the Orlando trip ironically). A cute pre-Rylee Polich Family photo or the good ole days in Rio's eyes! :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

Those thermometer shots are always fun to see. It's hard to imagine the 100 degree temperature difference between MN and FL sometimes.

Jess said...

My parents send me pics of their thermometer when it's negative 30 or whatever, and it is always kind of hard to believe.

MN Mom said...

Even...MN girl at heart...me, likes the Florida version better!

I can tell pre-Rylee, Rio, looks happier. She will come around once Rylee can throw toys and give treats!

Carol said...

Great pictures, I have to say I LOVE the MN thermometer!

Crissy Rae said...

Yeah, 40 degrees doesn't look nearly as cold when it's next to the -30 degrees shot!

Cute pics!

Miss Em said...

It is just not right that it was warmer in Colorado, than it was in Florida while we were there. Then we came back to snow.