Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Surprise!

My team threw me a surprise baby shower today at work - it was a blast! (I had an inkling that they had something up their sleeve since they kept asking me about my parent conference schedule, but I wasn't sure, and I didn't know when.) They were very sneaky about it and called everyone to the media center for a staff meeting - which turned out to be for me! :)

They had balloons, an adorable cake, and the best part: I got loads of great gifts. Each grade plus the Specials team and the Office Staff chipped in to get me something. I made out with over $200 in gift cards, a super soft pink blanket, a plush blue dog, a goodnight book, a "Shhh! Baby Sleeping" door hanger (in the exact lime green and sky blue of the nursery) and a bunch of great clothes!

All the clothes were cute. I got 7 or 8 outfits ranging from onesies and sleepers to little dresses, but there were 2 from Baby Guess that were just to die for. They are both newborn sizes so I'm sure MBP will only wear them once for a picture, but I love them despite their impracticability. They're both sweat pant material. One is blue pants with a flared leg and flowered ruffle at the bottom. The flowered pattern matches the shirt and the little hat. The other is pink and it says Baby Guess across the butt with a little pink gingham ruffle accent. The jacket is a short sleeved hoodie again with the pink gingham accent and a little flowered shirt underneath. Oh my god! A-dor-able!!

My team bought me the activity gym from Target that was on my gift registry - it is so cute. It's in browns, blues, greens, and oranges and has a jungle theme. I wanted to set it up tonight! :)

I literally just finished writing all the thank yous, but it was worth it. Showers rock - better than birthdays and Christmas combined! Thank you everyone!! :)

5 comments:

MN Mom said...

This is so exciting! How wonderful of them to surprise you with such wonderful gifts and most of all to shower you with love.

Read my blog to see the wonderful thing that happened to me tonight!

Jess said...

That's a nice surprise, and yay for all the gifts!

Erin said...

Congrats on the good shower. My work shower was fun too. Those gift cards will come in handy. We used ours to buy those last minute essentials that you want/need but hate to cough up money on.

Post a picture of the outfits. They sound adorable.

Crissy Rae said...

That was so nice of them to throw you a shower and it sounds like you got some great stuff. You'll have to show us all your goodies!

Rima and Kevin said...

You'll use the outfits more than you think because "MBP" will stand for "My Big Pooper" and will likely poop through a diaper/outfit at least once a day, not to mention the spit-ups, etc. So keep your outfits (not to mention Dreft spray & detergent, Oxy-Clean, and your washing machine) handy!