Uno
I had a nice spa day yesterday (even saw Jess getting some pre-baby shower pampering), but I have a gripe about their nail polish. They put it on soooo thick. I got a base coat, two coats of color and a top coat. It takes for-ever to dry and it's so soft. I smucked one of my fingernails within the first 30 minutes of leaving. Worse than that, when I came home and was playing with Rylee (this being like 3 hours after my appointment), the carpet smucked up two of my toenails. 3 hours! - I don't have the patience for beauty apparently! :)
Dos
In the middle of the night last night, I saw a flash (it must have been far off lightning, it wasn't raining here and I couldn't hear any thunder) and then the power went out. Jon was semi-awake so I told him about the power situation. I was sort of lying there thinking : great, how long is it going to be out... the baby monitor's not going to work...not that we need it...Rylee never makes a peep. Meanwhile Jon was up grabbing a flashlight and springing into action. I was impressed - he must really be worried about our little snookems. "What are you gonna do?" I asked out of curiosity. "I've gotta go check my tank," he said as he disappeared down the hallway. Figures! The fish always come first! :)
Tres
Like most dogs, when Rio wants to play she'll bring a toy and drop it in front of you or squeak it on something to get your attention. Today Rylee was lying on the floor drinking her bottle in her boppy pillow. Rio grabbed her Odie toy, which was laying nearby, and used the top of Rylee's head to squeak it. It cracked me up! Even Rylee took the bottle out of her mouth and smiled. That silly dog!
4 comments:
I don't like getting manicures for that same reason-I always ruin them within hours. The pedicure I am usually a little better off with. I might make it a full day before something happens. Did you at least enjoy your away time?
Power outage? Action? Nope, Jon will have to be extra vigilant because I am not checking on Oreo if that happens.
The dogs are silly. I don't know who entertains who more-Miller or Annie. I can picture Rio thinking she's so smart and Rylee rolling her eyes thinking "Dogs."
See you later today.
That's how much polish every place uses. Thankfully, because I only ever get pedicures, I don't have any issues, but I'm sure I would quickly ruin fingernails.
As per the power outage, we had the same thing happen on Thursday night. Flash of light, then the power shut off. It woke us both up since we sleep with a fan; we slept fitfully untilt he power came back on -- two hours later!
I have to say I have only had a total of three manicures and one pedicure in my life. For each manicure my nails were in horrible shape after I finally removed the polish, they broke and were very fragile. For the pedicure my way too ticklish toes were NOT happy with all the filing and having people grab them over and over - it was torture!
The tank looks great - but that one rock looks like a rat head, at least from the angle in your first picture! I like the nemo fish.
That's so sweet that Rio wanted to play with Rylee! :) Dogs and kids can both be hillarious, with one of each you will have endless things to blog about for years!
I don't polish for that very reason.
A couple nights ago we had five short power outages and I knew it because my fan light turns on when it resets itself, scares the shit out of me everytime!
I am glad Rio has found something she likes about Rylee!
Post a Comment