Friday, May 15, 2009

Alone Time

I don't get the opportunity for too much alone time these days, but tonight Rylee went to bed early, Rio stayed out of my hair (I should really check on her after I post this - I haven't seen her in a while), Jon went out with the crew & and I vegged out on the couch and caught up on really important things... like season finales.

Bones: interesting episode, totally not what "they" promised, but overall lame (how many times has this been done) cliffhanger. I give it an "eh".

Grey's: OMFG! I don't think a finale has given me chills since maybe the series finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer years ago. I can't say much, because some of you may not have watched it yet. Let's just say I did not see that coming and I had to pick up the phone and call my Mom immediately after watching to have someone to discuss it with.

Prison Break: The series finale is on right now, but honestly I don't think it would be fair to watch it after Grey's. I think I'll give it a few days. :)

Totally unrelated gripe: Why do magazines send you renewals so freaking early?! I just got a new magazine subscription. Literally. The first issue was delivered yesterday. It's still shrink wrapped and sitting in a pile of unopened mail. Yet when I just checked my email there was a renewal offer waiting for me. I haven't even read it yet! This bugs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On to calmer, happier thoughts: Rylee had her checkup yesterday and here are her new stats.

Height: 28.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 19 lbs 3 oz (75th percentile)

I feel like I want to measure her height again. She's been so consistently 75th percentile for both and she seems so shrimpy - I feel like they misread it or something. Maybe that will be on my to do list for this weekend.

On my to do list for tonight is to eat ice cream. Jon told me to. He wants me to eat it all up before I leave for MN. I don't like to disobey my husband so I better get to it. :)

7 comments:

Jess said...

Glad you got to enjoy some alone time!

Erin said...

Good stats on Rylee. I wouldn't be complaining if she was in the 90th percentile for height. Tall is good (sorry Jess). How about teeth? Anything getting ready to pop out at you?

Agate Lake Girl said...

I would love for her to be in the 90th percentile, but I can tell she isn't that tall. :( Her two bottom teeth are "in." They're just not pushing up very fast. It's either a very slow process or that's all the taller they're getting (it's been a couple weeks already).

Jenny said...

We got back in town yesterday and had a number of finales to catch up on! I haven't watched Grey's yet, but I've heard it left you thinking.

The Irishman was disappointed with Prison Break. I am curious to see what you think!

And yes, the magazine thing kills me. I've convinced myself this must be my last Every Day Food for the last 6 months...but they keep coming!

Carol said...

Alone time is definitely precious, especially once you have children. I wonder what it is about having the house completely to yourself that is so important. I can spend all day at home doing my own thing while my hubby does his, but it still does not feel the same as when you have the whole place to yourself.

Carol said...

Oh, and I will watch the Buffy finale soon! I am on season 6 now after rewatching them all from the beginning.

Crissy Rae said...

Glad to hear you got some alone time. It's always nice to have a quiet house to do whatever you want.