How I Spent My Mother's Day...
I didn't get up early with the baby.
I did get a card and spa gift when I finally strolled into the living room (at 7:15).
I didn't shower.
I did play on the computer while Little Miss had her morning nap.
I did go to my Mom's for a surprise brunch of... wait for it... KOLACHES! (No, they weren't flown in from Houston. They were made by my Mommy with love - thank you! Imitation kolaches never tasted so good!)
I didn't mind helping my Mom rearrange two different rooms in order to hang her Mother's Day present from me.
I did mind cleaning her closet, but I helped anyway. :)
I did get to play with Rylee in the kiddie pool and float around with her on my tummy in the biggie pool.
I didn't get to lay out and read my book, but...
I did finally shower and feed Rylee her dinner.
I did watch Madagascar 2 after Rylee went to bed.
I didn't find it as entertaining as Madagascar 1, but...
I did laugh every time those crazy penguins were on the screen.
At least I didn't fall asleep at the end like my hubby.
I did have a great relaxing day.
I didn't do much mothering, but I guess Mother's Day is the one day you get to take a break from that. Must be why Jon was so tired...
5 comments:
Glad you had a good day!
Yeah, the penguins are the best part of either of those movies. They need a movie that's just them.
But, sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day!
Moto Moto! ha ha ha ha
Happy (one day belated) Mother's Day to you, cousin. :-) - Katie
Thank you for my wonderful gift of memories immortalized of my Mother...I love it love it! You always think of the sweetest things. And thanks for rearraning my upstairs, and cleaning my closet. Thanks to Jon-who did most the rearranging and repairing! It was a wonderful Mother's Day.
I am finally going back through my Google Reader so I am a bit late commenting. I can't not say something now though...KOLACHES! Now THAT is a great Mother's Day gift!
Post a Comment