I break blood vessels very easily (in myself, not in other people’s faces or anything!). I usually break them in my eye. I have no idea how or why this happens. One time, I broke one underneath my upper eyelid and the blood oozed down on both sides of my iris – very spooky looking…sadly, it wasn’t Halloween. I also on occasion break them in my hands or fingertips. These hurt like a SOB. It’s not the result of some great force or impact either. I am going to grasp a pencil and wham!
Over the weekend, I broke one in my toe on my right foot. The second in command toe to be specific. Again, no blunt trauma - I was sitting in a chair at my computer. I moved my foot and kaboom! It hurt like a &^%#* (insert curse word of choice)! The area around the broken blood vessel is always very tender so I immediately limped downstairs to put on a pair of cushy running socks. (Do not ask me why I own these - I haven’t “run” since 1994. In truth, I only own 5 pairs of socks and they are all white. I prefer socklessness in shoes or barefootedness preferably.) Anyway, I didn’t give my little soldier too much more thought, except for a couple of times when I over-exerted him during his rehabilitation period.
Imagine my surprise then when today, while sitting on the toilet to pee, I looked down and gasped at my now black toe. Apparently, I broke both blood vessels that run up the sides of the toe. They are now huge and purplish-black and kind of meet in the middle underneath my nail. Gruesome! At least it’s closer to Halloween this time…
2 comments:
Ick. That is gross.
I do that too...weird. Not so much in the eye although it has happened...but my fingers a lot. the toe sounds awful though...I agree with Jess...ICK!
Post a Comment