My friend Jess from 21 Days (sorry, I need to learn how to use the hyperlink function properly, right now all I can get it to do is post the whole long actual web address) has been talking about her site meter lately. It tracks the number of visitors to her blog and gives her all kinds of stats etc. Although the stats part of it sounds completely unnecessary to me, I did like the idea of having a counter.
Since my husband is out scuba diving tonight (with her husband actually), I had plenty of time on my hands to sign up for site meter myself. So if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of my page, you will see the tiny little number on the counter. I could have self-inflated the number, but I decided to be honest and start tracking from zero as of today.
I have a feeling this might drive me a little crazy. It might become like a watched pot and never count. In that case, one of two things will happen. I will become ultra-inspired to grab your attention and make you a loyal blog reader. My posts will be the smarter and funnier for all my extra effort. Or, more likely, I will become depressed, disillusioned and think constantly about termination... of my site meter, relax, or my blog... but don't let this pressure you into visiting more often... hint, hint!
2 comments:
At least you've only had your blog a few weeks (a month, now?). I didn't start using site meter until I'd had the blog for nearly a year -- think of all the missed readers I could've tracked!
Anyway, you'll be surprised. At first, you'll check it obsessively, but then you'll totally forget about it. Once you get more readers, it can give you some interesting info.
What is the most interesting (in my opinion) is to track the Google searches that bring them to your site. So, start using a lot of erotic phrases and unnecessary references to strippers. Should increase some strange traffic.
I read every day!
Post a Comment