Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rio vs. the Intruder

Several nights ago, we had an intruder in the house. An intruder of the lizard variety! Jon was the first to spot him and since he has amazingly fast reflexes (seriously, I should have added that to my list of things I love about him - he's freakishly fast and calm in emergency situations), he managed to fly across the room and scoop the thing up in his hands before I could finish saying "whhhhaaaa?"

My first thought was cockroach so of course I'm flipping out a little bit. This is where Jon miscalculated. Instead of saying, "it's fine... it's only a lizard," he opened up his hands to show me his catch. Well, that was all the opportunity that lizard needed. (It was not Blacky, by the way, in case anyone of you remember him from my Lizard Chair post. I still see him chillin' like a villain in the chair.) That lizard leaped to save his little lizard life and scurried under the couch. Not a problem with Rio the Lizard Hunter around, right?




Wrong! She and Jon got out the flashlight and everything, but they couldn't find that sneaky thing. Eventually, we all gave up and went to bed.

I assumed that Rio (with her quarter-sized brain and all) forgot about the lizard. Now I'm not so sure. The other night she became obsessed with the couch, running and sniffing and demanding to look under the cushions.



Sadly, she didn't find anything (except for some stray popcorn pieces which she promptly devoured).

Battle 1 to the intruder, but this isn't the end of the war....

2 comments:

Jess said...

That's a cute picture of Jon and Rio looking under the couch. Last night when I got home, a lizard fell on my head -- it must've been on the door. Either that, or they're falling from the sky!

MN Mom said...

Slipery little suckers aren't they.