Monday, October 1, 2007

It's Official

Ikea opens Wed. Oct 17th!

I'm torn. Part of me wants to rush over there the first day, I mean this is a momentous occasion. I have been waiting years for Ikea to come! (If I had known that there was no nearby Ikea when I moved from Houston, well I might not have come.) Plus there are several items I want to purchase before they sell out. I'm too impatient to wait for them to restock.

The more sensible and rational part of me says, stay away! They are expecting 10,000 + visitors. It will be crowded and miserable. Then again, that sounds like every day at Ikea. What to do??

For now, I'm practicing my pronunciation of Swedish product names, picking out a blue and yellow outfit to wear, and dreaming about Swedish meatballs and lingenberries. I *heart* Ikea!

7 comments:

Jess said...

I saw that announcement in the paper today and I thought of you!

Erin said...

Ok, I must be missing out because I am excited for IKEA but honestly, I have never been to one and don't plan on going during the first week or two they are open unless it is a week night. I know I will love it but I am not a die hard shopper. Did I miss out on a cult experience growing up?

Erin said...

PS-I heard their food court is the best part!

Anonymous said...

I say, stay away! all of the husbans will be much happier!

MN Mom said...

You must go the first day...but be prepared with your shopping list of wants from catalog...go directly to pick them up and stand in check out...no looking around for fun...you must enjoy the store late in the evening some day. I can't wait to get there to see it!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Erin,
I didn't discover Ikea until I moved to Houston, but I quickly became addicted (as did my Mom). Then we started making the yearly drive to Chicago so that added to the obsessiveness of our Ikea love. Now with the Mpls Ikea and this Ikea - well it's almost too easy!

Rima and Kevin said...

What a coincidence - the first Ohio Ikea is currently under construction just down the road from us here in the northern Cincy suburbs. I've never been to one, so we'll see what Swedish joys this brings (I'm hoping blondes and massages, but I suspect Rima disagrees).