Sunday morning came much too quickly yesterday and after my creepy Saturday, I sort of woke up on the wrong side of the bed. In fact, there seems to be a reoccurring pattern of my crabbiness on Sundays. (In the Fall, I suffer from Sunday Stress: a result of the pressure I put on myself to finish school work, housecleaning, laundry, bills, etc. - all before the 1:00 Vikings game.) So I was unexpectedly and blissfully happy when I found out we played at 4:00!
Not only would I have plenty of time to get things finished, I would also able to watch the game from the comfort of my own home. Not that I don't love going to our friend's house to watch the game (they have the NFL Sunday Ticket), but there is something about watching the Vikings in my own house that makes it feel like a MN day.
I finished all my school work and even had time to run to Borders to buy some new books before the game. I multi-tasked the laundry and the bills while watching the game and since there is a lot of dead time in football (you only have to look up for the play and then there is like a minute of replays) I was also able to read four back issues of Entertainment Weekly.
The only thing I neglected was cleaning the house - again! Although I have been vacuuming and spot-cleaning on the weekends, I haven't given the house an actual good cleaning in like two months. As I stare at the inch of dust on my computer shelf, I feel a bit guilty about this... though not guilty enough to actually get up and dust. I rationalize that the dust and cobwebs lend an authentic flair to my Halloween decorating!
Sadly, the Vikings lost but I really could have cared less. Besides when you're a Vikings fan, you become pretty accustomed to losing!
2 comments:
That sounds like a pretty busy day. Now, imagine what you can do when you don't watch football! Yeah, Jerry and I were solving the energy crisis while the rest of the nation was thinking about first downs.
Dad watched the vikings at Bill's and was pretty quite through the whole game. Was he on his "company" behavior or was the game boring?
Post a Comment