Yesterday, Jon and I ran some errands together! I know this doesn't sound amazing, but it is. Since I tend to leave the majority of my lesson planning until the weekend, this is something we never seem to do anymore. It was quite pleasant... even though the stores were overcrowded!
Afterwards, Jon suggested we grab a quick bite to eat. I immediately thought of this little hole in the wall place that we've been talking about going to for years (they have weird hours so we never seem to time it just right). We arrived with high hopes but were quickly let down. The absence of customers probably should have told us something.
I had the most blah burrito ever (no sauce, no cheese) and Jon had some interesting "tacos": a strange flat corn shell, a couple pieces of unseasoned beef, lots of onions and instead of lettuce...cilantro. I love cilantro (would eat it in anything or wear it as a perfume if possible), but still a weird taco. Our recommendation: pass on Casa del Crappo and head to Moe's instead!
Thankfully, Jon made tilapia in a spicy cream and cilantro sauce for dinner with shrimp kabobs and some type of "clam cake" served right in a clam shell so this more than made up for our culinary disappointment!
3 comments:
You know who is soooo very multi-talented...a hairdresser, a bad ass with a pistol, a master diver, a painter, a yard & pool man and now a five star chef it seems...aren't you the lucky one!
Yes, those hole in the wall places can be either the best kept secret of a town or the reason why the health department keeps visiting the neighborhood.
Yay for doing simple things like shopping together. Sometimes, when you have not done it together in awhile, it can feel like an exciting new adventure! Way to avoid the rut!
Well, at least now you know; otherwise, you would've always wondered...
Post a Comment